U23 INC. HOMESTAY AGREEMENT
Updated April 2012
This agreement lists all details regarding homestay services providedfor U23 by the Homestay Family. By signing this agreement, both U23 and the Homestay Family agree to act and follow all the terms listed in this agreement as described in the following articles.
1. The Homestay Family agrees to periodically rent rooms to U23 for the purpose of providing student residences and service when and where the Homestay Family has such a room available.
2. U23 agrees to pay the Homestay Family the sum of $____for a term of 4 weeks and $___for each additional night, for each student placed in a room. The Homestay Family agrees U23 charge the sum of this fee and $80 for a term of four-weeks as the U23 service charge to each student.
3. In case that the Homestay Family need to charge the extra fee such as for internet access or the laundry facility to the students, the Homestay Family must notify U23 of how much it is going to cost when the Homestay Family apply our homestay program or when the Homestay Family want to add any extra fee.
<One week trial>
4. Homestay Family agrees to give a one week trial period for any U23 students. If the student or host family wishes to terminate the homestay agreement during this period , U23 will pay the Homestay Family for the exact duration of the students stay.
<After one week trial>
5. In case that the student wishes to leave the Homestay Family before their stay has been completed, the student must notify U23 30 days before they leave. U23 notifies the Homestay Family on their behalf and the Homestay Family must accept it. If the students didn’t notify U23 in advance, the student will not get any refund. In case that the Homestay Family has already received the fee, the Homestay Family must refund the unused fee or accept to appropriate the unused fee for the next student.
6. In case that the Homestay Family encounters any problems or difficulties with the students, the Homestay Family notifies U23. If it is obvious that the problem is caused by the Homestay Family (i.e.; sexual harassment, racial discrimination etc.) the student may leave immediately. All disputes between students and host families will be resolved by U23 inc. upon the return of the amount paid to the host family on behalf of the student by U23 Inc.
7. The student pays all fees directly to U23. U23 will pay the Homestay Family for the one week trial period and subsequently payments will be made by U23 every four weeks thereafter.
8. The Homestay Family may charge an extra fee for internet access or laundry facilities which is agreed with U23 directly to the students. The charge must be agreed with U23 in advance.
9. The student makes an agreement with U23 about the U23 Homestay Program. Should the student wish to extend their stay, they must notify U23 and U23 will notify the Homestay Family. It is strictly forbidden for either the host family or student to negotiate an extension of the agreed upon homestay period without notifying U23 Inc. U23 can terminate its agreement with the Homestay Family and students if it is discovered that the students and Homestay Family have negotiated independently of U23 Inc.
10. The Homestay Family must provide the facility confirmed in the application form of the U23 student. In case there are any changes in the condition of the facilities that the Homestay Family provides, U23 must be notified immediately.
11. The Homestay family may decide the options of the daily meal plan. The Homestay family must provide meals agreed in advance. When the Homestay family is not able to provide meals along the plan, the Homestay Family must notify the student in advance and indicate what the student should do and an alternative food source must be provided.
12. The Homestay Family cannot ask nor expect U23 student to wash dishes daily and/or clean the kitchen and/bathrooms. The Homestay Family may ask U23 student to share in and/or help with cleaning up after meals. The Homestay Family may ask U23 student to wash dishes and/or clean after he/she uses the kitchen to cook for themselves, keep his/her bedroom cleaned, do his/her share of cleaning his/her private bathroom and/or common bathroom(s) exclusively used by U23 students and other students in the Homestay Family.
13. The Homestay Family may ask the student to follow a set of house rules, which are reasonable and will not breach any of the conditions and/or terms listed in the application form. In case there are any exceptions, restrictions limiting the students, the Homestay Family must notify U23 in advance. The Homestay Family must provide U23 with the most recent copy of house rules in writing given to the students. The Homestay Family cannot impose separate rules to U23 students which are not applicable to other household members and students.
14. Both the U23 student and the Homestay Family including should follow common etiquettes with respect to each others privacy.
15. U23 students must at all times be treated as a member of the family with care, respect and friendliness. The Homestay Family is encouraged to communicate daily with the student.
16. In case the U23 student’s belongings were damaged or lost by the household members such as children under the guardianship of the Homestay Family or their pets , the U23 student may claim the compensation to the The Homestay Family. In case the U23 student caused the damage for the property and goods of the Homestay family, the Homestay Family may claim the compensation to the U23 student.
17. If for any reason(s), the Homestay Family decides to discontinue providing service to U23 students, the Homestay Family must provide U23 with reasonable advance notice of such intention. The Homestay Family will be paid for the period of the U23 student’s stay and must refund to U23 the unused rent balance, pro rated for the remainder of the term agreed upon at the commencement of the U23 student’s stay.
18. The Homestay Family agrees that U23 may create a web page of each Homestay Family with general information and show only the students applying for U23 Homestay Program. The general information contains the first name of host mother(father), the closest intersection, the number of household members, pets, the availability of smoking and internet access, hobbies, messages and the pictures of the room and the Homestay Family.
19. U23 may supply a student with the Homestay Family’s personal information such as the Homestay Family’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so that the student can contact the family from her/his country before departing.
20. Both U23 students and the Homestay Family will not exchange each other’s personal information with a third party.